can't remove address at which I've never lived from my online account details

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    My online banking account details show 2 addresses
    The first is the address at which I have lived for more than 40 years
    The second is an address at which I have never lived
    It is the address of my late mother-in-law
    No doubt at some time in the (now long ago) past I have paid for something for her to be shipped directly to her
    I have used the "update address" facility more times than I care to remember and each time receive an automated acknowledgement that the address has been updated but the second address remains
    I want to move cash from a matured fixed rate savings account into a new savings account
    However, I'm told that I cannot open another savings account unless I remove one of the addresses from my profile i.e. confirm my only residential address
    Which puts me back in the aforementioned loop

I don't want to leave my cash in an account with such low interest but there is no online option to withdraw money (interest was paid to my nominated bank account - so it could be paid there) and even the maturity instructions button asks me to phone a number which so far has not connected me with a human being
    Where can I go from here?
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @milou6 Hey there, I'm sorry to hear this.

If you call the Savings team they will be able to help you with this. . You can reach the Savings team on 0345 678 5678 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 6pm, Sat - Sun: 9am - 2pm) and they’ll be happy to help.

I hope you get it all sorted.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!