First late payment

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi, I recently missed a payment on my Tesco Bank credit card (first time I ever missed a payment!) as I was travelling extensively, mixed up time zones and the credit card had arrived last minute just before my departure from the UK. I activated the card but totally forgot to set up a direct debit and missed a payment as a result. I got an email about a late payment fee being charged and that’s when I logged into my account and realised I’ve not set up the direct debit and been busy travelling so forgot all about paying the minimum due. Obviously I immediately paid it but I’m now worried about the impact on my credit score. I don’t really care about the late payment fees but I really don’t want this to show on my credit report as I plan to get a mortgage soon too. I also can’t call Tesco Bank as I’m out of country at the moment and in a remote area with poor network coverage. What are my options in getting this removed from my credit report? I assume the bank will need to remove the late payment fees in order to erase this missed payment from my record if I plead with them! But is this possible?
    I know it’s totally my fault and I’m kicking myself because I’m always on time with payments and this is a first for me. Many thanks.
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @ZoyaNS Hey, I've replied to your private message.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !