Replacement credit card needed after being scammed

Fresh Eyes
    My husband was scammed and used our credit card on a fraudulent website. I therefore want to cancel my card and order a new one to be on the safe side. There only appears to be an option on the App for cancelling and ordering a new card if it has been lost or stolen. There is also an option for a replacement card (if you damage your card etc) but I’m guessing that will have the same card number etc, so it won’t really help if scammers have my card details. Do replacement cards have differing details or are they exactly the same?
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @Joolliebel Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry to hear this. If you have been scammed then please call us right away on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and the Credit Card team will be able to help.

To speak to one of my colleagues, please choose option 2 and enter your security details, then press 0. If you don't have any details to hand, just press 0 and you will then be passed through.

If you order a replacement card online you are able to put a block on your existing card to avoid it being used fraudulently.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!