Minimum payment issues

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi there,

So i normally do a direct debit, but I needed to clear up my bank to calculate what money I had left for some unforseen costs, so I paid the minimum payment of £77 early. However today it has tried to take the money again from my bank account (which doesn't have enough to pay it again). Will this count as a missed payment somehow? Will it charge me fees? I thought if it was paid a few days early the system would recognise I've already paid the minimum payment for this month as it was before my statement date as well.

Thanks,
    Alisha
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @Ali24970 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

If you make a payment before your statement is produced it will count as an additional payment towards your overall balance, and your minimum payment will still collect when it's due.

If you call the Credit Card team they will be able to look into this for you.

You can reach them on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to help.

To speak to one of my colleagues, please choose option 2 and enter your security details, then press 0. If you don't have any details to hand, just press 0 and you will then be passed through.

I hope you get it all sorted.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!