Amazon effectively telling me to dump Tesco credit card

Fresh Eyes
    I have used my Tesco card on Amazon in the UK and Europe for near on 20 years

I made 2 orders on the 20th December in the UK and France, no problem. Then on the 22nd order for late present declined and I have not been able to use my Tesco Credit Card on Amazon since. I have been unable to use the card on Amazon since

Interesting thing is that Tesco blames Amazon and Amazon simply says use another method. In other words I should cut up my Tesco card because I use it predominantly for Amazon purchases and Amazon is simply refusing to carry out additional steps.

I did delete that card from the account and re-entered it. This led to a automated call from anti fraud which ironically requested I give out security information there and then. I just hung up and called from a different line. No wonder scammers use this method to obtain security information and block lines.

Well upon calling back it seems my card was blocked at the renewal of putting it on the system because "Amazon is not following 3D security". That doesn't help me does it?

Thing is I have been a customer of both Tesco Bank and Amazon for near on 20 years, and this has to say the least, has left me extremely peeved, even now because the problem continues.

It's just not on and customers should not suffer the stupidity of corporates acting like they are a couple of little statues from Brussels in a contest while the customer gets showered in the fallout, it shouldn't happen and it will affect the brand

As a result, I have not used Amazon since the 22nd nor my Tesco card since the 26th and calculate that's around £500 I would have spent on Amazon and an additional £100 elsewhere. Instead I have opted to use another card and until this is sorted out, the Tesco card get relegated to existing regular payments and emergency use only
  • 3 Replies

Fresh Eyes
    Update. Amazon has reinstated first time checks and my Tesco Credit card is now accepted.

Interesting to note that Tesco has not replied here and Amazon have not replied to my emails, despite this being an ongoing problem with many customers.
    Your Community Expert
    @MarkD24 Hey Mark, I'm glad to hear you eventually got it sorted and can fully understand your frustration. Hopefully now that Amazon have updated their process this won't cause any further issues moving forward.

Take care 😊

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!
    Fresh Eyes
    Well, it was short lived, because it happened again, and what I am about to say is the worrying workaround.

Despite having plenty of facility on the card for an order on Amazon, which was near identical to the one placed before Christmas, it was blocked.

Now I am not going to go into values of that single order, but it was in total under £500 for 5 items

So as it was not authorised and effectively blocked, I cancelled it.

I then broke down the full order into individual item orders and they passed in very quick succession without issue, to me that's a security flaw and in reality defeats the object of security.