Paying outstanding balance on a new credit card

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I'm trying to pay the balance on my replacement credit card which has a different number to the one I lost, thru my Santander bank account.

I'm putting in the Tesco Bank Account details Sort Code 42-74-70 Account No. 30274704 as shown on the remittance advice attached to the statement but a warning is coming up: 'Not part of the payee checking service' and it's not allowing me to make the transfer.

I note that although the remittance advices on previous credit card statements showed the above sort code/account number, in fact the payments to Tesco went to Sort Code 40-02-50 Account No. 31316044.

Any helpful suggestions on what I should do as I don't particularly want to trundle off to my local Santander branch?

Many thanks,

Alan Clark. .
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @AlanClark Hey Alan, thanks for getting in touch!

Those aren't the correct details for paying a credit card account, I'm afraid. You can find out the correct details, and all the different ways you can pay the account, here.

I hope this helps 😊

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!