Site Functionality

Have used Tesco Bank for quite a few years for savings only, mostly fixed term cash ISA's, although the on line banking site is quite friendly and easy to navigate I find I can not re-invest etc. at end of terms without resorting to telephone contact, the last two years I have submitted written instructions by post within a 30 day period prior to maturity and always requested confirmation of receipt, this has never happened and I have had to resort to phone contact in the end to complete my business. To be fair, phone support has been good, I just prefer not to have to use this method and can see no reason why my business could not be completed fully on line as per most of the other banking providers I use. Anyone had similar experiences ?
  • 4 Replies

• Verified Answer

Verified Answer
    Hi, Thanks for the further reply and support. Finally used telephone contact on Monday 12th. Dec., spoke to Joe in Newcastle who was very helpful and sorted out the issue, confirmed that the written instructions were received but misunderstood even though other instructions in the same letter refering to another matured ISA of another date were actioned correctly ?No reason given as to why the receipt of the written, maturity instructions were not acknowledged as requested.Quite willing to accept that anyone can make a mistake and it was quickly resolved as soon as I contacted telephone support. However, as initially commented, telephone support is very good but why should I have to resort to this or indeed supply written instructions, sort of defeats the objective of an on line site ! This will certainly be a factor to consider when re-investment time comes around again, there are a lot of more functional and user friendly provider sites available offering comparable interest rates and worth the little extra effort required to complete ISA transfers. Again, thanks to all for support, Tiffy
    Former Your Community Expert
    Hi I'm sorry that the option to reinvest online isn't there. I'll make sure and get that logged as feedback for you.

Can you let me know what address you've been writing to when you've contacted us in the past? We will always respond to letters we receive even if we're unable to carry out your request. You can private message with that information if you prefer.
    Hi EileenM, Many thanks your response, much appreciated.
    The contact address I use is as advised on my maturity notification letters:Tesco BankSavings OperationsPO Box 27040Broadway One199 Renfield StreetGlasgow, G2 9GE My maturity instruction letters are always submitted approx. 3 weeks before maturity date, never any later.Had my first issue last year, early December maturities, currently have the same issue this year.Just to add, my wife has similar investments at the same time and suffers the same issues. As stated earlier, the Glasgow based telephone support is good, we just prefer not to have to use this methodand can really see no reason why the business could not be completed on line as per other providers we use. If you are in a position to offer further support perhaps this would be best by private message, I am not currentlysure how to achieve this on this site ? Kind regards, Tiffy
    Employee
    Thanks for passing on the additional information. In order for us to look into this and see if we’ve received the letter or what has happened, please send us a private message to with your name, DOB and postcode, leaving a space between each character. If you click on the link with the Tesco-Bank name it will direct you to the profile where there is a button at the right hand side which will allow you to send a private message.