Successful Section 75 - Retailer Action

Fresh Eyes
    This post is in no way against Tesco Bank, in fact I'm really happy with how they supported, and agreed with all evidence that was provided to result in a successful Section 75 Chargeback.

The chargeback was in relation to two products that were purchased from House of Fraser. The dispute was on the grounds of inaccurate, misleading advertising on products in 2022.

A 'Blue Shirt' was promoted with images showing white buttons, and the description also stated this. When challenged, the retailer initially advised I'd received the wrong item, and sent a replacement.

Then when this item was exactly the same, HOF advised if I wasn't happy I'd need to pay to return the items for a credit note (not a refund) as the items were adequate and website images were taken in 'lighting conditions' that would change the look of the item that was being sold.

The Section 75 dispute was successful and I was issued a full refund for the impacted items.

Today, out of the blue I received an email from House of Fraser Digital Risk Team, the email outlined:

"At Frasers Group, we regularly review customer profiles. It's been brought to our attention that you raised a dispute on order in subject. Due to this chargeback, we have made the decision to suspend your account. We can also see that the bank closed this dispute in your favour".

This means my online account is suspended for all Fraser Group sites (House of Fraser, Sports Direct, Flannels, Game etc).

Based on the fact the section 75 dispute was successful as HOF acted wrong, it seems utterly unfair that I am effectively 'banned' for proving the retailer was wrong.

I'm wondering if anyone has had similar experiences either with HOF or other retailers and if any further action was taken against the retailer.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hey @jackvockins, thanks for getting in touch and leaving us great feedback around a successful section 75. I'm sorry to hear about your experience here. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you further 🙂