Tesco Pay at Pump issue

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi, I have been having a problem on and off (more on than off!) for months using my Tesco Mastercard Credit Card (that has Clubcard built in) The communication with the card via the pump fails and the pump eventually (after a few minutes) resets. The only way around it has been to use a stand alone Clubcard (so at least I get some of the points) and another bank card. I am told it is a known problem. I just do not know how long it is going to take to resolve?
  • 5 Replies

Your Community Expert
    @Ezmerelda Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! Sorry to hear about this issue you're having.

Which garage does this relate to?

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi, I have had problems with Hatfield Extra, Northampton South Extra and Bangor. I initially had a new credit card as that was suggested (but it did not resolve the issue) As mentioned I now have a stand alone Clubcard so at least I get some of the points, but your colleagues at Clubcard really should know of the problems (as well as all the colleagues at Tesco Bank!) I sometimes feel as though I am speaking a foreign language. I have all the dates of transactions and amounts going back of the transactions that did not go through. It started first of all last September at Hatfield (although in January worked at Hatfield!) . December and February it worked at Northampton but did not in March.

Thanks.
    Fresh Eyes
    @ChristopherP
    Hi, please can you advise of what the timescale for resolution is?
    Thanks
    Fresh Eyes
    @Ezmerelda
    Both myself and my husband have also had problems for months with pay at pump using our Tesco Credit Cards. Not helpful in the evenings when options are limited to pay inside. Even had to move pumps 3 times one evening to find one that enabled payment to cashier! Tesco need to sort this out, i now wont go to a Tesco petrol station and am considering switching credit card provider.
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi, as an interim I got a standalone Clubcard so I can at least get some points....yes, we had to move pumps three times (when the kiosk was closed)! Initially I'd tried my Tesco Credit Card, then at the second pump my standalone Clubcard followed by the Tesco Credit Card (which still didn't work!) then thirdly which finally worked the standalone Clubcard and another bank's credit card.

What surprises me is that you ring up and most of the people I've spoken with don't even know that it is an issue and one person even telling me that 'it wasn't found to be a problem' Oh yes it is I thought! Clubcard staff need to know about it too. I feel like I am speaking a foreign language. It's being going on for at least 6 months!
    @Ezmerelda
    Both myself and my husband have also had problems for months with pay at pump using our Tesco Credit Cards. Not helpful in the evenings when options are limited to pay inside. Even had to move pumps 3 times one evening to find one that enabled payment to cashier! Tesco need to sort this out, i now wont go to a Tesco petrol station and am considering switching credit card provider.