Authorise payments via the mobile app

Fresh Eyes
    Hello, wondering if anyone experienced previously or knowledge on how to resolve an issue I’m having now regards authorisation/OTP of online payments ?

I recently got issued a replacement credit card which has been activated and used already for a number o transactions. Card number was also auto-updated in Tesco Bank App before card had even hit the letterbox.

For some reason though, any online transaction authorisation is now sending an OTP code via Text message where previously it was a request to Authorise via the App.

I would like to revert back to App authorisation and tried a number of things that I thought may sort this but no joy. I have deleted and re-downloaded App etc in hope too.

Any help/thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ChristopherP; 07-05-24 at 15:03.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @J17LRS Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

Sorry to hear about this. If you call the Credit Card team, they'll be able to check this for you.

You can reach them on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to help.

To speak to one of my colleagues, please choose option 2 and enter your security details, then press 0. If you don't have any details to hand, just press 0 and you will then be passed through.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!