Locked out of online services now late payment

Fresh Eyes
    Good evening!

I got a new mobile phone and when trying to access my online Tesco banking app I was blocked out of my account. I desperately tried to get in to my account but it kept coming back unsuccessful.

i have never ever missed a payment on my loan or credit card but when I finally got back in to my online account tonight I can see a late payment charge and I’m devastated as I’ve worked really hard to maintain a good credit score due to saving for a mortgage.

I have immediately made a payment but am worried how this will affect my credit rating. I made the payment before my next statement is due but 2 days late. I wouldn’t have had this issue if I didn’t get locked out of my account and it wasn’t so difficult to recover.
    please can someone help.

many thanks
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @jenniferC93 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry to hear about this situation.

If you cleared the payment after 2 days and before your statement produced, it won't appear on your report.

If you find yourself locked out of the account again, please get in touch with us right away.

You can also find out how to pay your card by direct debit here, and this should help avoid this in future.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!