Foreign currency

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi there. I have a question.
    I understand that if you buy currency from a Tesco store with your Tesco card that there are no fees ...but why if you buy currency from another company with your card there are fees?.... surely you have already been charged some sort of commission from the other company already. Why does it not just get classed as a 'goods' purchase, and if it's a case of because it's a charge for changing say pounds to dollars/euros etc, then why when you buy goods off the internet that are in China, America or such like that need converting to Pounds don't you get surcharges then ???
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @BlueFrog63 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

Purchasing non-Sterling currency outside of Tesco is classed as a cash transaction for which we charge a fee of 3.99% and interest at your standard cash transaction rate.

I will pass your comments on as feedback to the relevant department, however if you decide to use your card for this then these fees will apply (if purchased outside of Tesco Travel Money).

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!