Car Insurance - Monthly Payment

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    My car insurance is up for renewal, and Tesco has offered an annual renewal premium, which I find acceptable. However, I may plan to sell my car in a few months (though I haven't decided yet), and I would like to cancel the insurance policy once the car is sold.

Here are my questions:

1. If I switch my payment method from annual to monthly and then cancel the insurance after selling my car, will I be charged any administration or early termination fees?
    2. What is the notice period required for canceling the car insurance policy?

Could any experts provide advice on this matter?

Thank you.
  • 2 Replies

Your Community Expert
    @DaSuperman Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

There will be a £40 cancellation fee to cancel after the 14-day cooling off period expires. This is charged regardless of your payment method.

There is notice period required to cancel a policy; you can call us to cancel a policy with immediate effect if you need to.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !
    Fresh Eyes
    Thanks. I was not notifed your reply unitl now.

So if I switch to monthly payment, and if I choose to cancel my insurance after I have sold my car, I can request so but I will be charged for £40 cancellation fee. Is that correct?

But for the notice period, you said I can call to cancel immediately? If I do by writing an email, would that take longer time?

Thanks