Making a payment before direct debit date

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi all
    My payment date for my credit card this month is 20th july, im on holiday at this time so wanted to make the payment earlier on so its easier to budget for my holiday. So i made the payment today around 1pm, its showing on my account as paid so that's all fine, but my payment due still says the same amount and by the 20th July.
    I thought the payment I made was toward that direct debit amount, not aswell as? I can't afford to then make the direct debit payment on 20th July aswell.
    Has anyone else made an early payment instead of waiting for the direct debit date?
    Thanks in advance for your help
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @Jalapeno2301 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

If you've paid this before your statement has produced it will be classed as an additional payment and your direct debit will still collect.

If you call the Credit Card team, they'll be able to talk through your options with you. You can reach them on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to help.

To speak to one of my colleagues, please choose option 2 and enter your security details, then press 0. If you don't have any details to hand, just press 0 and you will then be passed through.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !