Credit card blocked

Fresh Eyes
    I have just returned from holiday and while away my Tesco Bank “world traveller” credit card was blocked. No notification. No info in the app. Just embarrassing situations of attempting to pay for a meal / shopping / taxi and then having to apologise then use an alternate (i.e. non TB) card to pay. On return to the UK I have tried to contact the “fraud team” at TB (does this person exist?). Now on my second day of waiting for a returned call. Dreadful service. Dreadful app. Only use it Tesco Bank CC for the Clubcard points. Perhaps the Barclays acquisition will improve things. Perhaps I’ll hang around to find out (or not).

Is this the normal level of customer service “excellence” others have experienced?
  • 2 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hey, I'm sorry to hear about this and can understand your frustration; even more so given you were on holiday.

Did the Fraud team call you back regarding this?

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !
    Fresh Eyes
    @ChristopherP I did manage to speak with someone in the TB Fraud team. They were very understanding and offered sympathy regarding the situation I experienced. However, the bottom line was that if the same set of circumstances repeated then it could end up with the same result. Specifically, an attempt to make a payment while on holiday (even it is in Europe - not Nicaragua or other more exotic locations) could result in a blocked card + no notification would be given to me that it was blocked (“for security reasons”). Completely ridiculous.

I have taken this experience on board and I shall use an alternate (competent) bank for future holiday spending. I am actively looking at other options for what has been my go-to credit card.