Cash transactions

Fresh Eyes
    I have a "cash transaction on my account of £1.60 and interest at 0.26p. Having read other posts it's seems I may have paid for something which has been classed as a cash transaction. Why therefore has the transaction to which this refers not been highlighted and presumably the interest is transaction is also something to do with it🤷‍♀️
    the only two spends that i can thinkmight be connected is a £30 gift voucher i bought during my weekly shop at Tesco or a charitable donation through Just Giving. The dates of neither appear to correspond. And dont get me started on the 12 mins ive just wasted trying to ask a "person" about this on the phone without success and caught in the "choose option loop" we are all becoming so familiar with these days !
  • 3 Replies

Your Community Expert
    @Showard557 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

Purchasing a git card would count as a cash transaction, I'm afraid.

When you make a cash transaction, we charge a fee of 3.99% and interest at your standard cash transaction rate. This is from the date of the transaction until the date this cash balance is paid.

This means you will see interest charged over two statements. The first statement will show the cash transaction fee and the interest from the date of the transaction until the statement came out.

The second statement will show interest accounting for the period between the first statement coming out and the balance being paid in full. After this there’d be no more interest applied to this specific transaction.

I'm sorry you weren't able to speak to an agent. For future reference, to speak to one of my colleagues, please choose option 2 and enter your security details, then press 0. If you don't have any details to hand, just press 0 and you will then be passed through.

I hope this helps.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !
    Fresh Eyes
    @ChristopherP thankyou fir your comprehensive reply Christopher. Much obliged.