Sect 75 claim

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi All

Can somebody tell me how I can make a Section 75 claim please. I've read previous threads, clicked links, read FAQ's and I just can't find an actual route to make a claim! There's lots of info on what it is and how it works but when you click the link to make a claim ('Get in touch') you just end up at another page with lots of information but no actual direct route to make a Section 75 claim. It's frustrating, to say the least.

Regards
    Richard
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @RICHARDCN Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

I'm sorry you've been unable to raise a claim. You first need to raise a Dispute with us so we can investigate it and, if it qualifies for a Section 75 claim, it will then be passed to that department.

You can raise a Dispute here. Please include as much supporting information as you can along with invoices, receipts etc and we'll be in touch as soon as we have an update.

I hope this helps.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !
    Fresh Eyes
    @ChristopherP

Thanks for your reply.

However, the link takes me to a Chargeback page and this is not what I wish to do. As I'm sure you're aware Chargeback and Sect 75 claims are two different things, the former with a time limit of 120 days, a timescale which I am outside of. Please direct me to somewhere I can make a claim using Sect 75.

It really shouldn't be this difficult and I'm sure the Financial Ombudsman would have something to say about Tesco Bank making it so difficult for potential claimants. Even an email address where to send a claim would be something if no dedicated webpage is available. I'm of a mind to head straight to the Ombudsman as I feel strongly that Tesco Bank are deliberately making this more difficult than it is required to be. However, I'd rather not prolong the process unnecessarily if you can direct me to the appropriate place to start a claim.

Regards
    Richard