Admin Charge to add temporary driver ?

Fresh Eyes
    I called up to add my son on my car insurance for 2 weeks … was told to do it online as there was no fee to do so … but there is no provision on the website to do this .. so I called and asked again was told that I couldn’t do online and I needed to pay £25 for them to do for me bear in mind the total cost was £37 and took a couple of minutes …and I was more than happy to do online I don’t see why I have to pay an admin fee of £25 ? Can an advisor explain this .
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @Mercedes1 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

Temporary changes can only be made over the phone and come with a £25 admin fee, so I'm sorry you were given incorrect information when you called in the first instance.

I understand it's frustrating to pay a fee, however this is charged due to the admin costs we incur. We believe the fee is fair and proportionate when compared with other insurers, but we accept this may not be a view shared by everyone.

If you'd like me to provide feedback to the first agent you spoke to, please send a private message. This will help us to avoid this in future.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !