windscreen cracked

Fresh Eyes
    Hi
    Can anybody explain for me how its work where I have comprehensive cover and I need to change windscreen in my car so i make claim, move at Autoglass apointment form where at ''your costs" i can see this ''We’re happy to carry out the work on your behalf but you will be required to pay the total price for the job, as we’re not able to bill your insurer directly.'' and they want cash (over 1200 pound) . Why they not able to bill insurer where i have cover on it ?
    Thank you for any help
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @dario01 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

You have cover from our approved glass company to repair or replace broken or chipped glass in your car’s windscreen or windows. You are also covered if broken glass damages the paintwork of your car, plus your No Claims Discount will not be affected.

We will also pay for the recalibration of any ADAS system through our approved repairer.

There is an excess of £10 for repair or £75 for replacement. If you decide to use an unapproved repairer, the same excesses apply although the maximum we will pay is £40 for repair or £125 for replacement.

If an incident occurs involving the breakage of multiple items of glass, we will only pay for one piece – whichever has the highest replacement cost.

Please be aware, you are not covered for the repair or replacement of broken or damaged sunroofs or roof panels and the associated mechanisms.

You can raise a claim here.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !