Made a booking with a Tour Operator [TO] got to the payment stage and went to authorisation page of Tesco APP and approved the transaction. The handshake between the TO and Tesco failed and the booking didn't go through. I didn't receive a confirmation from the TO so made a fresh booking and....same thing happened - no confirmation and Tesco APP showing blue circle of death.
I uninstalled the TO APP and tried again the next morning.
Long story short - none of the transactions worked and I had to ring to make a booking, get the booking reference number and add to the TO APP and then paid using a different credit card which worked without issue!
So I now have FOUR PENDING transactions of £3k EACH on my Tesco Credit Card account which has wiped out my credit limit - just before I'm going on holiday.
Tesco say they cannot 'cancel ' the pending transactions.
TO says they can't cancel the transaction as their records show I haven't made a booking for the four transactions.
Tesco say I have to wait for the pending transactions to 'drop off' which could take 'up to a week'.
Meanwhile I've got NO credit limit left and four PENDING TRANSACTIONS which are quite clearly duplicates.
WHY does it take so long for a pending transaction to drop off and WHY can't Tesco liaise with the TO to get confirmation that the TO is not taking the money as they don't have a booking associated.
WHY am I suffering when this is clearly an IT issue between the TO's APP and the Tesco APP?