Notifications erratic at best

Fresh Eyes
    I used to receive prompt and complete notification each time my credit card was used. In recent months this has become an unreliable service. On calling Tesco Bank I get told to reinstall the app ( done more than once) or that my phone - a Samsung - is faulty. I reset my phone and I have tried the app on my iPad and it works erratically. Tesco seem unable to help with this issue. After many years with Tesco bank I think it's time to change credit cards.
  • 5 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @Blairgowrie Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

We've recently been made aware that Android mobile app users have not been receiving push notifications. This includes, 3DS authentication, decline transaction, payment reminder, e-statement and transaction reminders.

We have identified the cause of the issue and work is underway to resolve this. Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing in the meantime.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !
    Fresh Eyes
    @Blairgowrie

I am having exactly the same problem with my Pixel 7a. Very frustrating!
    Fresh Eyes
    Transaction notifications became irregular after always being immediately after a purchase.
    Read the community advice and did the following
    1) Checked notifications still tuned on in the App
    2) Checked phone notifications still on for the APP
    3) DID the old IT turned them off and on again in the app and on the phone
    4) Deleted and reinstalled the APP
    5) Reset notifications in the APP and checked phone APP notifications on
    Now I don't get any notifications at all
    Rang for help, basically advised it must be my fault as they have no control over the app, have I checked my phone app notifications are set to on......
    After double checking everything I am finding it hard to see how it must be my fault, other people are having the same problem, it worked ok for years on 3 different phones, then degraded.
    Is it a samsung 23 problem?
    This extra level of fraud protection is one of the main reasons I have stayed with tesco for so long.
    Helper
    I am not longer getting notifications on my Android phone when payments are made using Tesco credit card. No changes have been made to my settings. Why have notifications stopped?
    Fresh Eyes
    I have just called Tesco Bank 'technical help' number' only to have the same conversation with a poor customer service rep who can merely repeat the excuse previously set out in my earlier calls - 'there is a problem with Mastercard.' No one from Tesco IT department is available to explain anything or report progress. It is a pointless and frustrating exercise trying to get help. Today I had a message flash up on my phone that told me that I 'could not turn on notifications as I had previously......' and then it disappeared before I could read the rest. I asked if someone could tell me what he message was but of course no one could.