Credit card fraud

Fresh Eyes
    I noticed an unauthorised transaction of 247.82 pounds on my account on the 24th of August, 2024. I immediately blocked the card and called Tesco bank to report it. They said they would call back after investigation. I called again on the 28th and 29th of August when I didn't receive any calls from them. I was told they couldn't reach the people in charge of the investigation. They said they would call me. No calls received. I then decided to call again on the 2nd of September 2024. I was told the investigation hasn't been completed. I asked for how long but the call handler couldn't tell, she said no time could be given but that they would call after investigation is completed. I am really worried because other banks would return the money first and then go on with the investigation.

Could you please assist?
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @joneri Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry to hear this happened and completely understand your concern.

However, my colleagues in the fraud team will call you as soon as they have completed their investigation.

I'm sorry to say that I don't have an exact timescale on when this will be, but it shouldn't be too much longer now.

I hope you get it all sorted.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !