Discrimination

Fresh Eyes
    I applied for a Tesco credit card and was declined due to the fact that I was unemployed. You did not consider the fact that I might have a disability. I'm autistic and I have adhd and complex mental health needs.
    I think that you do not give the option of disability and that is discrimination
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @Pbot Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

I'm sorry to hear your application was declined and that you feel discriminated against.

We don't require you to be in employment to be accepted for a credit card with us, but you need to have a minimum income (inc. pension/benefits etc) of at least £5000 p/a.

Generally, we will decline an application if some of the information you have provided falls outside of our current credit policy for lending.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please call the Credit Card team on
    0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to chat with you about this. To speak to one of my colleagues, please choose option 2 and then press 0.

Take care.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !