Replacement credit card. Again

Fresh Eyes
    I have been sent a text message saying Tesco is protecting my card from potential fraud by sending a new card. This is not the first time and there’s no explanation or identification of the source of this fraud.
    It’s really inconvenient as my card is attached to a lot of things! Please help me understand. If it’s been involved in a data breach, I want to know the details obviously! There are no suspicious transactions on my mobile statement.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @saschlet Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

Sorry to hear about this. I appreciate this must be frustrating, however on occasion a third-party merchant/retailer will notify us they've had a security breach. To protect your account, we will issue a new card if you've transacted with them.

We don't have information on the breach here. If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please call the Credit Card team on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to help.

To speak to one of my colleagues, please choose option 2 and enter your security details, then press 0. If you don't have any details to hand, just press 0 and you will then be passed through.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !