New card number and reported data breach

Fresh Eyes
    My credit card number has changed, and apparently, I'm being sent a new card that I've not requested. There have been widespread reports that Tesco has experienced a massive security breach and is replacing all new cards as a consequence. Is that true? Why have I not been notified? Have you notified the ICO of the data breach? What personal data has been compromised? Also, why are my old card number statements no longer showing in my Tesco app - is that part of the data breach? Where do I find out my new card number?
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @paulnation1970 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

I've not been made aware of any security breaches. However, on occasion we are notified by third party retailers that they have had a security breach. In order to protect our customers, we will replace their cards if they've transacted with them.

If you wish to discuss this further, please call the Credit Card team on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to help.

To speak to one of my colleagues, please choose option 2 and enter your security details, then press 0. If you don't have any details to hand, just press 0 and you will then be passed through.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !