Change to health

Fresh Eyes
    I have been told by my healthcare professional that I should inform my car insurance of my condition but I can’t find anywhere to do this. Anyone got any pointers?
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @Badtoad66 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

Provided it hasn't affected your licence and the DVLA are aware of it, then we're happy to insure you!

I hope this clarifies things for you 😊

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !
    Fresh Eyes
    @ChristopherP
    Thank you for the reply, I was told not to drive for 4 weeks following a heart attack and a subsequent successful Angioplasty and according to the DVLA I don’t need to inform them as below taken from their website.

Heart attacks, angioplasty, and driving

You can be fined up to £1,000 if you don’t tell DVLA about a medical condition that affects your driving. You may be prosecuted if you’re involved in an accident as a result.

Car or motorcycle licence

You don’t need to tell DVLA if you’ve had a heart attack (myocardial infarction) or a heart, cardiac or coronary angioplasty.
    However, you should stop driving for:

• 1 week if you had angioplasty, it was successful and you don’t need any more surgery
    • 4 weeks if you had angioplasty after a heart attack but it wasn’t successful
    • 4 weeks if you had a heart attack but didn’t have angioplasty

Check with your doctor to find out when it’s safe for you to start driving again.