Overpayment

Fresh Eyes
    I paid my credit card balance in full before the deadline and an amount was still taken by DD. My balance on the app has not updated. What is going on? I can't speak to anyone, just get in a loop of pre-listed topics, none of which cover this. Does anyone have a number to speak to a human?
    Last edited by NormaC; Yesterday at 11:37.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hey @NormaC, thanks for getting in touch😀.

I'm sorry you haven't been able to speak to someone regarding this.

This may depend on when you have paid off your account. When you have a direct debit in place for the full statement balance to collect, we start the direct debit collection process 3 working days before the payment is due to collect. If you have paid the statement balance within the assessment period, your direct debit will still collect for the month as it was already in process.

Your balance updates on your account once your payments clear. Your balance will not show any pending payments/transactions.

To get the payment back you can either call your bank the direct debit has been taken from and ask them to complete a direct indemnity claim and they will pull the money back. Alternatively, you can contact our Credit Card team on 0345 300 4278 (Mon-Fri: 8am-9pm) (Sat-Sun: 8am-4pm) and they can arrange to send the manual payment back to the source. When calling the automated service, you select option 2 for general queries. Please listen to it twice and if none of those options are suitable, it will give you the option to press "0" to speak to an advisor.

I hope you get this sorted😀.