Notification timing is out of synch

Fresh Eyes
    The app statement are not yet ready to view despite receiving an email notification that it is ready

Also I receive an text notification that my Tesco statement balance direct debit payment is about to be made, several days after the payment is taken
  • 5 Replies

Your Community Expert
    @JPCA Hi there thanks for getting in touch with us.

Sorry to hear things aren't working as they should. If I could just confirm a couple things with you: Is it a Credit Card you have with us? Also, what type of phone do you have?

We have recently had and issue with notifications on Android phone, which has now been resolved and is back to working correctly.
    Fresh Eyes
    @JPCA

yes it’s a credit card we have and an iPhone but also an iMac
    Your Community Expert
    @JPCA Thanks for getting back to me.

Do you know what date it is your statements are printed on? This would just be the date at the top of all your bills.

Regarding the payment reminder this is set based on your payment due date. The Direct Debit for the statement balance collects 5 days prior to the due date and the reminder can be set to come on a date of your choosing. It could be these are not synched up causing what looks like a delay. I would recommend checking your alerts on the app/website to see when it is set to come out.
    Fresh Eyes
    So I notice that no change can be made to notifications on the app apart from ‘on or off’, ‘2 days before’ was greyed out as it wasn’t obvious you had to go to the website to make changes - so have now changed changed it to notifications 7 days before payment due date, thank you - why a whole 5 days before payment due date is the DD taken? And why can’t these changes be made through the app?

- - - Updated - - -
    @ConnorM

also my credit card statements are dated 13th
    the month but I received an email saying my statement was ready on 12th - is that under my control too?
    Your Community Expert
    @JPCA Thanks for the further details. The DD collects a bit earlier mainly to allow for you time to arrange further payment if there are any problems with your DD.

The App can only be use for notifications or pop ups on your phone whereas the website is where the text or emails alerts are managed. Both have similar options just different ways to notify you.

Regards to your statement, if your Statement date falls on a weekend the statement prints on the Friday night instead which can cause the email to be sent a little earlier than normal. This is a rarer occurrence so everything should hopefully be fin for you next month 🙂