Blocked card while abroad

Fresh Eyes
    I’m in Japan and have my Tesco credit card with me as my main credit card, including on Apple Pay - however, yesterday, while trying to pay a hotel bill, the transaction got declined, and today I’ve been unable to use the card on Apple Pay either to top up a travel card. I can only assume that Tesco have blocked the card for some reason, even though I have enough credit. There are no messages showing in the app.

I Have no mobile calls or texts while in Japan, so I can’t call the helpline number - any ideas on how I can contact someone to sort this out? Otherwise I’ll be rather stuck for the rest of my holiday…
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @Aemassey64 Hi There, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you're having problems, while on holiday is the last place you want to have any. Unfortunately, the only way we would be able to check on this for you is over the phone, which I understand may be difficult.

The international number, which is +44 1268 508 027, that can be used if you are able to gain access to another phone and we can try and sort things out.