Can I open a second bank account?

I have just applied for a Current Account so am now waiting for confirmation. If accepted will I then be able to apply for my second Current Account
  • 22 Replies

After waiting 30 mins on the phone for a response I will try this.

1) Current account applied for online - can I have a 2nd current account and how do I open / link it?
    2) Out of the country in a few days time for 6 weeks - I will have online access. If Debit card is only received while I am away will this be a problem and will it prevent me from depositing money into the account.
    Employee
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to get through to speak with our Customer Service team. You can apply for a 2nd Current Account online, you will need to log in to your Online Banking first. If you are away by the time your card arrives then this won't cause any issues. You will still be able to deposit money into the account by sending a faster payment to your sort code and account number. Once you return home, you will need to activate your card online, on the mobile app or by calling us
    Employee
    Hi , once the first account is up and running you can apply for a 2nd account through your Online Banking – Stephen
    Hi there,

I opened a current account back in February (under the first terms and conditions). I would like to explore opening a second account, but am unsure if I would be subject to the new rules (i.e. paying in monthly minimum and direct debits) or if because I am an existing customer and signed up to the pre-4th April terms, if those same rules apply on the second account?

Thanks in advance if anyone else has the answer to this as it's not clear to me!
    Employee
    Hi

Any new account would be subject to the newer terms and conditions. The account you hold at the moment would continue with the older terms and conditions.

Jay
    my wife and i opened one account each at the beggining of your project even tho we wanted to open 2 each as offered.We were offered one each and told like everyone at that time that 2 accounts each had been suspended so we went for 1 account each.On checking online several times for availability of a second account each its only today 25th April that new accounts seem to be offered but with different rules etc ie having to make monthly deposits etc.We didnt apply and save detqails of our4 seconds applicationsw because we thought we could just log on and join when they became available.It seems abit unfair that new rules now apply when we applied in the first place for 2 accounts each.Also how could a family open several second accounts and even a joint accout if we have to pay 750 into each account every month.Or have i misunderstood your rules. I would e3ither just like to open a second account for myself or a joint account woth the original qualifacations.Can you please tell me how to go on from here.thank you so much Cyril Tilstone
    Employee
    Hi

I'm sorry you were unable to open 2 accounts each at the beginning, this can only be done by telephone. If applying online you would need to wait until your first account was up and running before applying for a second online. If both you and your wife open a second account or 1 other joint account then the new terms will apply and I'm sorry you feel this is unfair. To earn interest, each statement month you must pay in at least £750 and this would be per account and have at least three direct debits paid from your account (excluding direct debits to a Tesco Bank savings account). Please get back in touch if you need anymore information on this.

Thanks,
    Ash
    Thanks AshleighB,yes i am still dissapointed with the reply.
    I thought the whole idea was to apply on line and me and my wife did that.She only wanted 1 account.I applied for 1 successfully then proceeded to do a second application and was not allowed and i think told second account apps had been suspended for the time being due to the large amount of applicants. I got all my papers thru quickly but looking online it said no more apps till further notice,which when i looked yest apps were being accepted but with new terms.It was never indicated anywhere online as i could see that for 2 personal accounts a person had to phone in ! Cyril
    dont seem to have had a reply to this???

Thanks AshleighB,yes i am still dissapointed with the reply.
    I thought the whole idea was to apply on line and me and my wife did that.She only wanted 1 account.I applied for 1 successfully then proceeded to do a second application and was not allowed and i think told second account apps had been suspended for the time being due to the large amount of applicants. I got all my papers thru quickly but looking online it said no more apps till further notice,which when i looked yest apps were being accepted but with new terms.It was never indicated anywhere online as i could see that for 2 personal accounts a person had to phone in ! Cyril