New car quote

I would sooner you stopped using sharp practices. I just rang to get a quote for my new car unfortunately I was quoted an extra £400 for a smaller engined standard vehicle. (Had quotes £200 cheaper than i am currently paying with tesxo, so a total saving of £600) When I asked to cancel I was told I would have to pay for 12 months breakdown cover but would not be allowed to use it. I was also quoted £10 more than it says on the website as a cancellation fee. Buyer beware this is a disgraceful practice.
  • 1 Reply

Former Community Manager
    Hi @Ardy I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. Our cancellation fees should be the same as they are on the website if you wish to link me to the section you refer to. The RAC cancellation would have no charge if completed within your cooling off period (the first 14 days of the policy) as set out in the terms and conditions of the policy when you accepted it. If you would like me to look into your cancellation please send a private message to @Tesco-Bank with your full name, DOB postcode and email address. Please note: don't include the @ symbol when putting in the contact details via private message, just Tesco-Bank. For details like your DOB, postcode and phone number, we ask for you to format it with additional spaces, i.e. A B 1 2 C D, 2 4 1 0 2 0 1 6 and 0 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 otherwise the information is removed by the system.