Cheque Clearance

I deposited a cheque into my current account on the 04/02/17. The funds showed as available on 10/02/17, I attempting transferring money from my account but this failed, I then received a call from a Tesco Bank employee advising the funds had infact not cleared yet (even though they temporarily showed as available in my account) and that they would be available today (13/02/17) I have checked my account today and the funds are not showing as available, I called the helpdesk and was advised cheques take 7-10 days to clear. Can you advise why I am getting conflicting information and advise what timescale a cheque should clear in? I was under the impression that cheque clearance is based on the 2-4-6 time scale Thanks
  • 1 Reply

Former Community Manager
    Hi , I'm sorry that you have recived conflicting information with regards to timescales for checques. When depositing a cheque, you should always allow 7-10 working days for this to fully clear, and for the funds to be able to be managed on your online account. I hope this information helps.