Interaction Between Telephone and Online Banking

I have a number of savings accounts and have previously used Telephone banking to manage these and have a security number and a number of security questions set up to use this. I have been persuaded to look at using Online Bankink to manage these accounts and open new accounts if necessary. Looking at the Online Banking registration process I looks as though I also need a security number and security questions for this service too. If I set up Online banking will this affect my existing Telephone Banking security number and questions or will I end up with two sets of data to use.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi ,

When you register for online banking you'll still be able to use the telephone banking system as well, so please don't worry about this.
    Once you set up your security number online, this will be the same one used to access your account over the phone, so you won't need to remember multiple codes.

The only exception to this is for the mobile app, where you have the option of setting up a 5 digit passcode to log-in on the app, but this would still not limit your access to any aspect of your account.