I can't install the Tesco Banking app on my device

Why do tesco not see there is a problem with the new version of the app, why do they not let us use thr old version that was stable across all platforms, instead they come up with a list of click this and uninstall this and restart that etc.....that they know dame well doesnt work.

I had a great working app on my samsung s8 up until 3 days ago when i went to add my new account to the app and bingo....no more app, and no way of checking accounts on the go........think tesco should go back to food and leave tech to the people that know what they are doing and care about there customers to sort things out asap....instead of feeding them tall stories
    As for security I use Norton, it's a paid version. Are your phones in the office that you say that Tesco app works on, network locked or bought outright. Seriously it's not our problem. It's your App, this as been going on for to long. Your app is not compatable with Android 7.0
    It needs fixing. WHY keep on saying do this or do that. The only cure is for the app developer to write a fix, then upload to the play store for us to download. But that will not happen. You will not accept that it's the banks fault
    I use a Samsung A3 (SM-A300FU) operating on Android 6.01 - why is it not compatible with Tesco Pay+ ? I have no problems using it with several other UK bank apps.
    Employee
    I'm sorry to hear that . I'm afraid that we don't deal with the Tesco Pay+ app within the bank. You can head to their Facebook page though, they'll be able to help :-)
    Thanks for the response, , but the Tesco Mobile Banking App won't install either. I've only had the Tesco credit card a few days but I'm finding it extremely limited in its usefulness due to the lack of support/compatability for mobile applications. Very frustrating :-(
    Employee
    I've reached out to our App team to find out more for you . As soon as I get a response, I'll let you know.
    It's a miracle . After about three months of being unable to download and use the banking app. On my Samsung Galaxy s7. Version 7.0
    A few hours ago. It allowed me to download it. Install it and use it. I like the fact I can also see pending transactions on my credit card. No idea why this isn't available on the website. Still tells me though that my Samsung Tablet is not compatable with it. No idea why. That also runs on version 7.0 of Android. But at least it's now available on my phone. Just hope the app developer doesn't mess it up with a unnecessary update. There is a saying a very good saying. So developer please take note. "IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T MESS ABOUT WITH IT"
    I do think though the faulty app should of been sorted out the day it was reported to Tesco. A company the size of Tesco should not of kept us waiting for over three months.
    Like Pa**postcode removed** I have also just been able to install the app after months of waiting. I did nothing different, my phone has always been up to date with the latest software.
    Went through the rigmarole of clearing caches and resetting the phone and, hey presto, the Tesco banking app & Pay+ both installed! Still puzzled as to why I didn't have to do that for the several other banking apps I've got on my Samsung A3
    Employee
    I'm glad to hear that all three of you have been able to download and use the app. We've found that some other apps have been similarly impacted by these issues, and fixes have been put in place on the Google Play store. We'll be putting an FAQ about the app and how to fix any issues on the website in the next few days. Let us know if any of you have any further issues.