Unable to update my insurance account details online

There are no documents in my insurance account, there is no button to accept my annual renewal and it will not let me update my details. Will I now be charged a fee for changing my job and industry sector because I cannot do it online and will have to call you?
  • 11 Replies

Former Community Manager
    Hi , I've just replied to your other post with regards to this. So I can look into this further, please click @Tesco-Bank and then at the top right there is a green button that says 'Send Message'. You can send us your full name DOB, postcode and details of the change. Please ensure all personal details are sent with a space between each of the characters – L I K E T H I S.

We also would not charge a fee in situations that you're unable to amend your details online.

You also have the option to contact us on our Twitter or Facebook pages to check this.
    Hi. I've received my quote online and also registered with yourselves and I rang yesterday to try and change my insurance online to be told I need to wait until the day after its insured to make changes. Won't I recur a fee as advertised?
    Former Community Manager
    Hi . We wouldn't charge the admin fee for any changes that you're not able to complete online. In addition, you're not charged an admin fee for changes made within the first 14 days of the policy (the cooling off period). I hope this clarifies things for you - Ross
    I am trying to update my car insurance address. I have registered on two Tesco sites then told to ring up to get a code. So I ring up and go on hold . I just want to update my details quickly , rather than spend an hour messing about. Government websites are more user freidky
    Former Community Manager
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with this. Provided we hold an up to date contact number we should be able to text you the code to register for the Your Insurance Account (YIA) online. Alternatively, you can message us via on our social media channels Facebook or Twitter and we can help you register.
    I don't get the option to amend my car details through the Your Insurance account - I just get a link to click which says I need to contact you to make changes. I have already had to pay an admin fee last week because of this, so do not want to have to pay another just to change my car reg. Why can I not change details online?
    Former Community Manager
    I'm sorry to hear that . This change should be allowed online. So I can look into this further can you send a private message to @Tesco-Bank with your full name DOB and postcode leaving a space between each character? If you click on the link with the Tesco-Bank name it will direct you to the profile where there is a button at the right hand side which will allow you to send a private message - Ross
    Can RossM or another community advisor explain why it's stated here that you don't charge an admin fee for any policy changes you are unable to make online (an open and shut statement I should add rather than a disclaimer of certain changes)? I have recently made a change to my policy - delcaring an engine ECU remap and I have been charged an admin fee as it carry's a risk to the vehicle. I accept the increase of the premium but feeling hard done by with the admin fee. The excuse I have been given is only certain changes can be made online and the admin fee applies.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , sorry to hear about this. Can you please send over a private message to including your full name, DOB, postcode and policy reference number? I’ll then be able to look into this further for you - Kelly