Credit card contactless with android pay

View Tag Cloud
    Your Community Expert
    Hi clcpang13, I'm sorry you feel that way. I've also logged this as feedback for you, hopefully this is something we could consider in the future. Apologies for any inconvenience caused - Christina
    Tesco are alienating Android users with their response. “We don't have any plans to support Android Pay at the moment”. This has been the stock answer for far too long with no logical explanation as to why. I’ve been a Tesco customer and had a Tesco credit card for many years with an average monthly spend around £1,600, but I’ve now had to get another card that is compatible with Google Pay. The M&S Reward Plus. Since doing this my Tesco card has gradually become redundant. I thought I would miss the reward points, but since the demise of the scheme (Another Tesco customer service triumph) switching to M&S has been a doddle. I’ve also found myself shopping in other supermarkets that accept more than the £30 restriction imposed by Tesco for Android transactions.I know you have the Pay+ app, but it’s not as good as Google Pay hence why it’s only got a 2.8-star rating in the play store with more 1 star ratings than any other. steve_techy gives a good account of the issues with it.Tesco’s stance on this issue has forced me to look elsewhere and now my payment transactions are so much easier. Will I go back to Tesco? “I don’t have any plans to support Tesco at the moment” If there are any changes I will let you know. Thanks.
    Former Your Community Expert
    We have logged feedback regarding this as we understand your frustrations. This has been an internal decision so we wouldn't be able to explain why we are not supporting this at the moment I'm afraid.
    You are "sorry I feel this way" is also not good enough. Have you been listening to your customers at all in the last two, three years? You know your customers are feeling this way. This is by far the most talked about thing on this forum. Every time someone posts something about it you act as if it's the first time this has happened. How much feedback does it take for your "internal decision-making" department to do something?
    Former Community Manager
    I'm sorry but I'm afraid the position hasn't changed with regards to this. We still don't have any plans to introduce Android/Google pay. However, I can state that all comments within this thread have been recorded as feedback. If that decision ever changes then I'll ensure that it is posted here to let you all know.
    Just moved my current account over to Tesco and didn't realise until trying to add my card to Google Pay just now that it isn't supported.

Add me to the list of customers requesting this. It's going to be an ongoing nuisance switching to my physical card when I've been used to Google Pay for the past 2 years and will reduce my reasons for hanging around.
    Former Your Community Expert
    Hi , I have added your comments as feedback too. Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.
    I also would like to see Tesco Bank support Android Pay as well as Fitbit Pay. Tesco Pay+ is useless as the tills are never able to scan the barcodes, especially with the Shop and Go, feels more like Shop and Wait, having to wait for an average of 8 minutes for a member of staff to transfer the transaction to another till. This process loses any Clubcard points unless you ask them to scan your Clubcard again. When I use Fitbit Pay with my Starling Current Account I can be through checkout in seconds rather than minutes and I feel this is more secure than using my phone as a PIN is always required and also I can use it for higher value than the standard contactless amount. The only problem I have had with using Fitbit Pay is that on occasions I have found that Tesco configure their terminals to only accept Chip and PIN at certain times of day and the store manager explained the reasoning of this being when Contactless is more likely to be used without the card holders consent. Andorid Pay, Fitbit Pay and others like it is pointless if you also have to carry your Contactless card as well as your device just incase their terminals are Chip and PIN only!!!
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , we don't have any plans to introduce Android Pay or Fitbit Pay at the moment. I can certainly understand your comments regarding this being a quicker alternative and will pass on your comments as feedback.

Unfortunately, we have no control over the store's decision to turn off contactless payment at certain times and this would need to be taken up with the store directly.
    I am also looking to see this in the future