Credit card contactless with android pay

View Tag Cloud
    +1 for Google Pay.
    This is 2019, I don't want to carry a wallet. Thanks
    Former Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm afraid this isn't something that we offer at the moment. I've added feedback for you regarding this though.
    I tried adding a Tesco credit card to Google Pay a while back and thought there was some kind of temporary issue... That was nearly two years ago. Tesco Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tesco plc I found it very perplexing not being able to use Google Pay with a Tesco card in a Tesco store. I kept the Tesco card for Tesco.com online shopping, but after a rash of products not arriving and product lines being discontinued, I have moved to Ocado. Amusingly, I have been using the John Lewis Partnership credit card with Google Pay to pay for shopping in a Tesco store. Tesco does not allow more than £30 for contactless payment despite the limit being £100 as it is in Sainsbury's or Waitrose. After declining my contactless payment for £45 and having to drive home and get an actual plastic card (embarrassing for me) I was quite angry with the disjointed nature of Tesco and the chaotic nature of its services in general. The vouchers I had used for the shop were not on the reissued receipt (being in the till of where I originally tried to pay) and the clubcard points were not accrued. Wow! I would have thought Tesco, with its 100 years of trading, could create a more joined up and available shopping experience. Ocado delivers with bags and gives a refund for returned bags, oh wow, how I wish Tesco.com did that, all that time they waste stood waiting for me to empty boxes into bags... D'oh! The response from Tesco Finance really does prove to me that I should be taking my business to a more forward looking, customer centric organisation.
    can also confirm myself and my partner both want this added, to be quite honest it shouldnt even be something that needs this much requesting!! tesco cards work on apple pay, why not google pay? theres literally been no reason given why this cant be sorted. please fix this soon.
    Clearly android users are getting a second class service. I would urge people to look for an alternative provider.
    It's a ridiculous situation. Tesco don't want to annoy Apple so let us use that service, but think they can bully Android users to use Tesco Pay or whatever it's called. I got caught out at their petrol station with them not accepting Google Pay. It's very unusual that once a bank accepts Apple or Google Pay, that they don't accept both. Tesco have made a very obvious and conscious decision not to accept it.

I avoid Tesco now, everywhere else accepts it so it's their loss. My local Asda and Sainsbury's accept Google and Samsung Pay, so I do my shopping there. The Clubcard points used to be with something, but the contempt Tesco showed in reducing these overnight last year, then having to backtrack after the uproar from customers shows me they are arrogant and don't care. My Amex card loves Google and Apple Pay and the rewards are great.

Just ditch Tesco and move banks/cards!!
    Former Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear about this. I have raised feedback regarding this for you, let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with here.
    Please add my feedback as another customer wishing to add my Tesco Bank CC to Google Pay. I can switch credit cards of course but would rather not. Thank you.
    Former Community Manager
    I will raise your comments as feedback .