Cash transaction fee

Window shopper
    Hi. I seem to have a cash transaction fee of 20p on my tesco credit card statement. Wondering where that would come from as I havent used my card for getting cash.I did purchase a fairfax card a few days before this 20p fee showed. Would it be that?
  • 1 Reply

Former Your Community Expert
    Hello , I'm sorry to hear you have been charged for using your credit card. We issued a Notice of Variation to all of our credit card customers along with their April statement to confirm a change in terms and conditions which included changes to some transactions now being treated as cash transactions with a fee of 3.99% and interest being applied. From 1st June 2018 cash transactions would be considered as the following: gambling transactions, wire/ international money transfers, repaying borrowing, purchasing non-Sterling currency outside of Tesco, payments to prepaid or virtual cards, investments, share trading and spread betting. Our Notice of Variation relating to cash transactions now means that any transactions made to pre-paid cards would be considered as cash transactions, and involve the attached fees. I hope this clarifies things for you.