Tesco Bank Credit Card

Daft question of the day - apologies....
    I have a cash advance of 2000 on my Credit Card interest free until Sep 19 - 2.99percent fee.
    I also use the same card to pay for weekly shopping/petrol.
    Plan is to pay the cash advance back at £200 per month - and obviously pay in full each month my shopping/petrol transactions.
    Am I charged any interest?
    Do I STOP using my card for normal shopping/petrol?
    Any advice/info greatly appreciated.
  • 2 Replies

Employee
    Hi , there's no such thing as a daft question! I'd be unable to offer financial advice, but I can say that if you were to use your card as you've laid out in your message, you would pay interest on your purchases. Even though the cash advance/transfer would be covered by the 0% interest period, if the full balance of the account isn't being cleared, then interest would still accrue on the balance of the purchases, as it's only by clearing the balance in full and on time that causes the interest to be waived.

I hope that doesn't sound too confusing, but if you want to know more, call our team on 0345 300 4278, available 24/7, and they can break it down further for you :-)
    On the look out
    : never use a card with a balance transfer (balance) for purchases (or the other way round). You are playing with fire. Keep them seperate.