Direct Debit on my account

Hello,
    I set up a DD on my account for my new credit card and it said that the payment would be taken by DD on 19th December. I have been waiting for the payment to leave my bank but it hasn't so I logged into my Tesco account today and notice that the DD wasn't taken and that a £12 late payment fee had been applied.

I have never been late with a payment for anything in my life so I am very upset that despite setting up this Direct Debit and it saying in my account the next payment would be taken by 19/12/18 that you didn't take it and so have issued a late payment fee.

Is there a way that you can sort this out and make sure that I don't lose my promotional discount as it said in my account it would be taken but hasn't so I don't know what has gone wrong? I have checked all the details and all account details are correct and even now it is saying it will be taken by 19/12/18.

Thank you.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi , I'm really sorry to hear this. Your best bet would be to call and our team and they will be able to take a closer look into this for you, they'll also be able to discuss your 0% rate.