Text Message: "Complete the set up of your Tesco Bank account"

Hi. I have set up a third Internet account due to the change of interest rates. The online application went through and an initial deposit into the account was made. I received a letter by post confirming that my account was set up. I don't see or have any problems accessing the new account online. However, I keep getting a phone text message that reads: "To complete the set up of your Tesco Bank Savings account application, please return the documents requested in the letter we sent you. If you have already returned these, please disregard this message. Thankyou". There has been no letter. I don't know what documents there should have been. I am already established with Tesco with my previous two accounts (which I will want to close shortly) and thus Tesco should not need it all to be verified again. The account online seems to be working okay, but if there is something wrong with the account, I don't want to risk moving the funds to the new account and then not be able to access it if needed. Why am I receiving these messages and how do I stop them, so to be reassured that Tesco acknowledge that the account is properly opened (as their own letter did, welcoming me to my new account!)? Cheers.
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    Hi , thanks for getting in touch! I can take a look into this for you if you send a direct message to containing your full name, DOB and postcode - Brogan