Hello, advice from someone which knowledge would be helpful. Passed around on phone, but appreciate that they read out the rules and i signed the forms. I have a loan with Tesco ( when havent i had a loan with tesco! ). I wont bore you with the nitty gritty at the moment. Im halfway through ( the 5yrs payback )..i decided the other week to extend my loan. Tend to have to do that time to time sadly. Steep interest has to be said..but went with it. However, cold feet...well..i decided NOT to go through with it. The loan had gone through, money in my account no issues....im aware of the 14 day cooling off period..im aware of most of the details...pay back interest first etc etc. I was hoping...to simply...phone them, within the 14days, and say, take back the extended loan money and will keep it as it was. ( Again, aware that to add onto a loan you have to basically pay off the old with the new money etc etc ) SADLY for me, not that simple. I can indeed not have the new loan but will have to pay back the FULL amount owed ( eg total monies from the money i still have 2half years left to pay - i obviously cant do that ). SO - b*lls to the cooling off period...may work out ok for a new loan...BUT not for someone increasing exsiting loan. Hence Im trapped. At best, all i can do, is pay an overpayment of the new monies...reducing the money i pay back over the newly agreed no. of years OR pay back the money and agree to shorten length of term. What im getting too is...and yes, they did read out the riot account - you signed the paper / clearly states you pay back the full amount - but im...disappointed...that basically i will now be paying over £1700 in EXTRA interest....just because i cant go back to my original loan / 14day doesnt really apply to exsiting loans..Legally i suppose...all shut tight? Its a decent amount of money...and does seem like dice loaded in their favour. Just seems a bit much..but again, i 'read' and signed their forms...but the printed ' cooling off 14day' i suppose i overlooked and thought...if i dont want the money/risk/too high for me to pay back really...i can always revert ...but obviously not!