Claim for cancelling holiday cottage

I have a holiday cottage booked in UK in 2 weeks. Given latest government advice re travel, the company we booked through do not offer refunds and given the current situation we would prefer to cancel and get our money back. My holiday insurer says I need to check if I can claim on my credit card before I make a claim, full payment was made on tesco credit card, can I claim on my credit card?
  • 2 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi Fresh Eyes, I'm sad to hear you will not get your holiday in your cottage.The first thing to do is to contact the company and see if, due to the Coronavirus they will give you your money back as through no fault of your own you are unable to go on your holiday. If you do this via email, online or telephone and they say no then you'll need to write to them giving them a timeline for your refund with signed for postage (that is if the post office is open). Then you've took reasonable steps to give the company the opportunity to assist you.If no joy you can then approach your credit card company for a charge back onto your card. They will want to know what you've done, who you've spoken to or contacted and what the outcome is, they will then look at your situation. Take care & stay safe.
    Fresh Eyes
    Thanks for the information. It gives me somewhere to start from.