Double credit card payment

The final payment for a holiday I booked is due this week and I’ve received an email from the holiday company indicating that they will be automatically taking this payment from my credit card. However, their email is poorly written and they don’t - as is usual practice - mention the credit card name or the last few digits of the credit card in question. I have doubts about whether they really will take a payment automatically, so I’m considering making the payment separately by my own initiative as I don't want to forfeit the holiday through non-payment. I do not have any other documentation which indicates whether or not I gave authority for automatic payment in the first place, when I paid a deposit using my Tesco Mastercard. Unfortunately the company in question has not yet replied to my enquiry on this matter.
    My question is: if I make the payment by my own initiative and the holiday company also then takes the payment automatically, will I be able to get one of these payments refunded by Tesco Mastercard?
  • 3 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi I see you dilemma and urgency.You could call on 0345 300 4278 (available Mon-Sun: 8am-7:30pm) for a colleagues to assist you or you could send them a private message along with your full name, DoB & post code along with your enquiry.Hope this helps.
    Thank you . I'm a bit reluctant to get in touch with Tesco bank staff at the moment, as I'm sure that they're dealing with people whose problems are more pressing than mine. I'll see what happens over the next couple of days and hopefully I may receive a reply from my holiday company.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , thanks for getting in touch. If both payments are taken by the holiday company, they should refund one back to you - Caroline