COVID-19 Lockdown - Mental Health Impact

Above and beyond
    I wanted to raise the subject of mental health, and the negative impact caused by the current lockdown. This follows this morning's tragic news of a family "**bleep** - suicide" in East London. The family were cooped up in a ground floor flat behind a shop. with no outdoor space. They had two young children aged one and three years old, and the wife was terrified of contracting COVID-19 after losing her brother to the disease. During the lockdown the family started arguing, and the husband suddenly turned on his two children, murdering them both with a knife, before turning the weapon on himself, while his wife ran screaming into the street begging for help. I can't begin to imagine the sheer horror and anguish of this poor woman. Surely there can't be a more compelling case than this, for government to look hard at the negative impact of the lockdown. Let's hope and pray that it all comes to an end soon.
  • 4 Replies

Community superstar
    I read about this family in the news with the father & the 2 young children, how tragic!!The woman must be absolutely beside herself to the point I cannot possibly imagine. I hope she gets the help & care she needs.
    Above and beyond
    Hi 25H, it's absolutely horrific to hear when people cannot cope. their damaged minds lead them to do such dreadful things. Stay safe !
    Window shopper
    is it that on average a male would be out working, so not used to being indoors with young children, whereas women tend to be with the children 24/7 and have a better coping mechanisim? What do others think?