Best way of making some extra money in these challenging times?

Just looking
    With less income, higher prices and my job on the line, I am looking for ways of making some more money on the side. I cut down on spending, so the only real solution is more income...
  • 15 Replies

• Verified Answer

Above and beyond
    Verified Answer
    Hi I would recommend online paid surveys, it made me £2,500 in cash and Amazon vouchers in the last 12 months.The ones that i recommend that you register with for maximum interest and profit are :-1. Prolific2. Panelbase3. Survey Friends4. Valued Opinions5. Ipsos i say6. Opinion Outpost7, One Poll8. Populus Live All the best Rick, you will do very well with these. Regards, Chris
    Above and beyond
    Thanks ! There's loads of online survey sites, i have tried most of them and would avoid Toluna and Swagbucks.But if you wanted to join just one, then it has to be Prolific, on this link https://app.prolific.co/They are the by far the biggest payers, the most interesting, and least time consuming, expect around £50 a month.
    Community superstar
    Awe thanks I'll have a look at it prolific, not come across that one before.I tried Swagbucks some time ago, it was on Martin Lewis site at one point but like you it was not for me.Have a lovely evening Chris
    Another one which comes in handy is Shopper Thoughts (shopperthoughts.com) - it's operated behind the team that introduced Clubcard into the U.K over a quarter of a century ago. Have been a member for a couple of years now and sometimes it can take a while to earn points for polls and surveys but given the fact you can turn them into vouchers for Amazon etc it does come in useful.
    Above and beyond
    That's great Please let me know what you think, for me it's the best one out there ! good luck
    Apprentice
    There are so many pyramid and ponzi scams out there you really have to be careful. There is apparently a genuine website which tells you step by step how to use the free bets new joiners receive to UK based regulated online betting sites, and then betting on both teams winning at sports events, or both outcomes, in such a way that if you spend an entire day, following the sites instructions to the letter, you will build up a net a profit of around 1000 pounds typically. The problem is you can only do it the once, because of the free sign ups, and nowadays you are not allowed to gamble using credit, so you have to use a debit card. Go to the wrong site that is a scam, or is giving bad advice, and you could loose a lot of money. Make a single mistake and not follow the instructions exactly on a genuine site, and again you will loose a lot of money. It's not illegal, and I have not attempted it yet, but I known enough credible people who have done it successfully.
    Fresh Eyes
    how to cut spending, i have something that can't be reduced
    Vampire Survivors
    On the look out
    I know no other way to earn money but investing. Especially when Michael Burry is shorting the stock market.
    On the look out
    There are several ways to make extra money in these challenging times, depending on your skills, interests, and availability. Here are a few ideas:

1. Freelance work: If you have a particular skill, such as writing, graphic design, or programming, you can offer your services as a freelancer. Websites like Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer allow you to connect with clients and bid on projects.
    2. Online tutoring: If you have expertise in a subject, consider offering online tutoring services. Websites like Tutor.com and Chegg offer platforms for students to connect with tutors.
    3. Selling goods online: If you have items to sell, consider setting up an online store on a site like Etsy or eBay. You can also use Facebook Marketplace or OfferUp to sell items locally.
    4. Delivery services: Companies like Uber Eats, DoorDash, and Grubhub are always in need of drivers. You can make extra money by delivering food to people in your area.
    5. Participate in trading: There are websites like https://www.litefinance.org/blog/for...lestick-chart/ where you can find basic information about trading.

Remember to always be cautious when making extra money online, and only participate in opportunities that you feel comfortable with.
    Thanks for sharing. Quite informative, frankly speaking!