Tesco Bank Current Account + Savings

Helper
    A lot of banks now offer incentives with a combined savings account, M&S Bank Current Account holders have access to their Regular Savings account with fixed 6% interest rate, it is also entirely free (you don't have to pay in £750/month like Tesco Bank). HSBC and First Direct both offer the same deal. The TSB account offers 5% interest rate on their Current Account Plus. The Tesco Bank Current Account (3% interest and a petty number of points) is good but there are a lot of better options available now. You only have to look at Money Saving Expert. I always thought of Tesco as the best in any competition, will Tesco Bank be offering better benefits to its loyal customers in the near future?
  • 5 Replies

Employee
    Hi Phil,

Welcome to the Forum.

Thanks for your feedback. We always strive to give our customers the best possible offers when banking with us. We don't currently offer a linked account with an attractive regular saver interest rate; however as we develop our current account propositions this is something that will be considered, We take all our customer's comments on board to make banking with us even better.

Thanks
    Margaret - Customer Care
    Why would Tesco or any provider bother to give you a better deal when you stay with the current one they are offering. If we vote with our feet then they may take notice. Stay loyal - stay poor
    Helper
    Agree Tav, this seems to be the case with all old-fashioned banks. Don't they realise how easy it is to switch now? I have always trusted Tesco to deliver, I am very loyal to the company. However it seems to have lost its spark. It is no longer innovative and competitive as it once was. But I still have faith in them, just not a lot of time. Stay competitive (best in market) and innovative (Apple Pay) and you build that trust Tesco really needs.
    Pls I want to open bank account I don't know how to do it
    Employee
    Hi 

You can apply online for one of our accounts on this website or you can call us on 0345 835 3353, available 24/7, and my colleagues will be able to help you with an application. They can help guide you through the online application or go through it over the phone.