ROI Tesco credit card customer

Do you have any plans to introduce online accounts for your customers in Republic of Ireland? Tesco credit card is amazing and great value, however not to be able to see transactions and balance online is annoying. I often ring your customer service just to ask what my current balance is. I can only imagine that having customers service representative to go through secuirty questions and check my balance is just another cost for you, sometimes I feel bad for calling for it as with no other bank I have to .. I do not want to waste their time and if I could I would check it online.
  • 6 Replies

Employee
    Hi ,

Thanks for your feedback this has been passed on to the relevant team. At the moment we don’t offer digital access to customers in the ROI, however we consistently review the service that we offer our customers.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Josh - Customer Care

Completly agree with previous customer. So annoying, both my wife and I share a card and not known the balance at any point in time is so frustrating. Just be on the phone to an agent to hear that when I signed up for the account thatit was in theT&C's and Irish customers will never have access to online banking. #Secondclasscitizens. Tesco, surely if you want to increase your market share in Ireland offer a full service like you do all your other customers. wrote:
    Do you have any plans to introduce online accounts for your customers in Republic of Ireland? Tesco credit card is amazing and great value, however not to be able to see transactions and balance online is annoying. I often ring your customer service just to ask what my current balance is. I can only imagine that having customers service representative to go through secuirty questions and check my balance is just another cost for you, sometimes I feel bad for calling for it as with no other bank I have to .. I do not want to waste their time and if I could I would check it online.
    I just want to add my 2 cents. I'm living in Dublin, applied for a Tesco card - it arrived and then I went to register for online banking.

No joy. I assumed it was the usual nonsense with us not having postcodes. Tried all the usual workarounds, including the Eircode. The error message was completely unhelpful, so I searched the website and found this discussion. Seriously, what year is this? Sometime in the 1980s? Rang customer service - the agent said "Yes, you can't register for online banking if you live in the Republic of Ireland; that service is only available in the mainland UK." She also said something like "that is a service we hope to extend to the Republic of Ireland in the future". Which is nice. Meanwhile, a nice man is going to bring me a piece of paper at regular intervals, so that I can tell how much money I need to transfer to clear my debt. It will be in an envelope, inserted through the door of my house. It is unclear if the man will be wearing a feather in his hat and carrying a bugle, but that's the mental image I've got.
    Employee
    I completely understand your frustrations with this @CubicleDweller. We will certainly register your feedback on the lack of Online Banking facilities for ROI customers. Can you send me a private message with your DOB and postcode please? When sending over your details can you ensure you leave a space between each character like this - A B 1 2 3 C D
    Yep, wholeheartedly agree with original post and cubicledwellers post I'm currently in the states and had card refused. Immediate thought was that either the card was refused because of abnormal spending pattern or actual fraudulent payment unable to check online so had to make transAtlantic call to verify everything was okay. 1800 number doesnt work from abroad UK number had me stuck in a queue for 10 minutes because "high volumes" " your call is important to us" Eventually got through to a representative Who determined that everything was okay we were just having a particular good holiday . Made a payment over the phone and should be able to use the card in the couple of days . All of this would've been avoidable if an online service was available. Not sure if I will be using this card abroad again until an online or automated service is accessible from abroad. wrote:
    Employee

Hi @RN I'm sorry to hear your card was refused while you were on holiday, I can log feedback on your behalf on the lack of Online Banking facilities for ROI customers. Can you send me a private message with your DOB and first line of your address please? Please use the following format A B 1 2 3 C D leaving a space between each character for your DOB. I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday.