Can't register with app - does not recognise credit card details

Just looking
    We recently got a message stating that for security reasons we will need the mobile app to confirm online creditcard payments. We have a jont credit card it's in my partner's name and I'm the joint card holder. When I try and register the credit card with the app it does not recognise me.
    How can we fix this?
  • 5 Replies

• Verified Answer

Staff
    Verified Answer
    Hi @rexmedorum, thanks for getting in touch. Only the primary cardholder is able to register on online banking and the mobile app I'm afraid. As an additional cardholder, you won't be able to register separately using your own information since the account is held under the primary cardholders name. When you are making purchases online, you can also confirm your identity by receiving a one-time passcode to your mobile. If we don't already hold your mobile number on file, please give us a quick call and we'll be able to update this for you :)

Get help with credit cards
    Community superstar
    Hi @rexmedorum

I'm really sorry to hear you can't register with the mobile app.
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' and ask them to look into this for you.

To do this click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Just looking
    Hi @rexmedorum, thanks for getting in touch. Only the primary cardholder is able to register on online banking and the mobile app I'm afraid. As an additional cardholder, you won't be able to register separately using your own information since the account is held under the primary cardholders name. When you are making purchases online, you can also confirm your identity by receiving a one-time passcode to your mobile. If we don't already hold your mobile number on file, please give us a quick call and we'll be able to update this for you :)

Get help with credit cards
    So what you're saying is that I will no longer able able to use the card as the 2nd card holder, as it's the one I use for buying stuff online which now won't be possible? Surely that can't be right?
    Supervisor
    So what you're saying is that I will no longer able able to use the card as the 2nd card holder, as it's the one I use for buying stuff online which now won't be possible? Surely that can't be right?

Good afternoon,

I get the impression if you contact the team on the number provided by @RobbieT they'll be able to send you a one time passcode to your mobile phone for when you are shopping online and security checks kick in.
    Your Community Expert
    Thank you for helping out @chaddman30 :) @rexmedorum, please don't worry, you'll still be able to make purchases online provided we hold your correct mobile phone number on file. When you make a purchase you'll have the option to send the authorisation to your mobile phone to allow you to complete the purchase. Hope this helps!