Excessive delay in credit card transactions showing on my account Question

Supervisor
    I pre-ordered the new iPhone on the 12th September (via Vodafone) and used my Tesco Credit Card to complete checkout. I've kept an eye on my account using Internet Banking since then and my card still hasn't been charged. I've spoken to Vodafone who are adamant they've received payment for the handset. Whilst it would be excellent money saving not paying for the latest iPhone I feel extremely concerned (and dishonest) that I've not paid for my goods! I believe there is a time frame for retailers to charge an account (up to six years?) but if I contacted Customer Services would they be able to explain what's happened? Thanks.
  • 3 Replies

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer

Hello again, please check with Vodaphone and ask if they can give you a reference/payment authorisation number. It would then be best to speak with Credit Card Customer Service on telephone number 0345 300 4278. With that information they may be able to trace this for you.

Hope this helps,
    Margaret - Customer Care
    Employee

Hi, when a transaction is made on the credit card, we would expect to see it normally within 7 working days. When you say you used the Tesco Credit Card to complete checkout was this maybe only to identify you rather than process the payment? Did the retailer maybe have other bank details they might have taken the money from? Margaret - Customer Care
    Supervisor
    Hello Margaret, It was definitely to process payment. I pay my mobile telephone bill by Direct Debit. That's scheduled to be taken on the 16th and it's for my monthly tariff. When I spoke to Vodafone they quoted the first and last four digits of my credit card number and said payment had been received. However it's definitely not showing on my credit card account! I purposely chose my Tesco Bank Clubcard Credit Card to earn points before the new changes come into effect. Thank you.